When massive semi-trucks and 18-wheelers are involved in accidents with much smaller passenger vehicles, the results can be catastrophic or even deadly. Sadly, these horrific crashes are becoming more common in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex – and negligent trucking companies and their drivers are often to blame.
If you were hurt or lost a loved one in a commercial truck accident, you and your family may be entitled to compensation. However, after such a traumatic crash, you may be too injured, too grief-stricken, or too frustrated to know what to do next. Fortunately, you’ve come to the right place for help.
The Bonneau Firm has fought for individuals and families who were injured or lost loved ones in Dallas-Fort Worth tractor-trailer accidents for more than two decades. We can help you fight for the justice and financial recovery you deserve.
Common Causes of Commercial Truck Crashes
Big-rig accidents can have wide-ranging causes. Some of the most common include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failure to observe mandatory rest periods between shifts
- Insufficient truck inspections or maintenance
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced drivers
- Improperly loaded cargo
What to Do If You Were Hurt or Lost a Loved One in a Dallas-Fort Worth 18-Wheeler Accident
Being involved in a large truck crash can leave you feeling more than a little discombobulated. Even so, what you do in the aftermath of a commercial truck accident can affect the outcome of a future insurance claim or lawsuit. Here’s what you can do to protect your right to recovery – and how we can help you.
- Seek medical attention. If you have been involved in an accident with an 18-wheeler, you should seek medical attention as quickly as possible. A visit to a doctor or emergency room after the crash will document critical evidence regarding the extent of your injuries.
- Collect evidence. Gather evidence at the scene of the accident as soon as possible, before it is lost forever. In no shape to collect evidence yourself? We can send an investigator to the scene of the crash.
- Consult a truck accident attorney. Seeking the advice of an experienced truck accident lawyer after an accident can mean the difference between winning and losing your case. The Bonneau Firm offers free initial consultations.
How Our Firm Handles Commercial Truck Crash Cases
We’re here to help you navigate the legal system with less stress. While every case is unique, here are a few examples of things we do during a typical truck accident case:
- Gather essential evidence. When you’re unable to collect evidence, we can send an investigator to the scene to ensure the evidence is handled properly.
- Interview witnesses. We talk with witnesses to determine what they saw and whether it’s relevant to your case.
- Handle communication with the insurance company. Talking to insurance adjusters can be exhausting – and bad for your case. We can handle communications from insurers and the opposing side’s attorneys on your behalf.
- Engage experts. We often collaborate with accident reconstructionists, private investigators, medical specialists, life care planners (who are economic experts), and other qualified and respected professionals to support your claim.
- Negotiate settlements. Analyze and skillfully negotiate settlement offers in pursuit of an optimal outcome for your case.
- Go to trial. When at-fault parties and their insurers refuse to offer fair compensation, we can argue your case in court to fight for the recovery you deserve.
We’ve achieved landmark justice for our clients and become a well-known and well-respected name in courthouses throughout the Lone Star State. We handle complex claims for severely injured clients. If we don’t think you need our high-level legal services, we’ll tell you – and provide you with a free download of our DIY guide.
Schedule a Consultation With Our Experienced Dallas-Fort Worth Commercial Truck Accident Lawyer
The Bonneau Law Firm serves commercial truck accident victims throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, providing client-centered legal counsel inspired by our faith’s command to “speak up and seek justice” for others. Contact us online or call our Dallas office at 972-325-1100 to request a free initial consultation.